The Western Red Cedar Lumber Association invite entries in the 2010 Western Red Cedar Architectural Design Awards program, all entries must be submitted by July 30, 2010.
+ Press release
Western Red Cedar Architectural Design Awards CALL FOR ENTRIES
Awards Recognize Innovative Design Using Western Red Cedar
Vancouver, B.C. (November 18, 2009) – The Western Red Cedar Lumber Association (WRCLA) is calling for entries in the 2010 Western Red Cedar Architectural Design Awards program. The awards recognize innovative design using one of the world’s most unique building materials, Western Red Cedar.
All entries must be submitted by July 30, 2010. Submissions must be made online at www.construction.com/community/WRCLA. Winners will be chosen by a panel of notable architects, and the results announced at the Greenbuild Expo in Chicago, November 16 – 10, 2010.
How to enter:
- All entries must be submitted online.
- Minimum of 5 high resolution photos of the project, including one front elevation, detail and interior photo.
- Submissions must also include site layout and floor plans.
- If entry is a remodel or renovation project, entrant must provide at least 2 additional “before” images.
- Entrant must provide a 250 word project description with particular comments on why Western Red Cedar was selected.
- A CD of the high-res images of the submitted entries is to be provided to the WRCLA upon request (WRCLA receives unlimited usage rights, but not ownership, of the high-res images).
- The WRCLA and their members receive the right to profile the submitted projects in marketing campaigns including online, print, displays, etc. promoting Western Red Cedar.
- WRCLA respect the privacy of property owners. Property owner name(s), contact information and property addresses are not to be included in award entries unless such information is also that of the architect, builder or photographer to be credited for the job.
Winners from last year’s award included the Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center by Grimshaw Architects and the Queens Botanical Garden by BKSK Architects LLP. For a complete list of 2009 winners, visit www.construction.com/cedarawards.
+ About Western Red Cedar Lumber Association:
Western Red Cedar Lumber Association (WRCLA) is a Vancouver, B.C. based non-profit association known as “the voice of the cedar industry.” Founded in 1954, the association operates architect advisory and technical service programs throughout the U.S. and Canada. It seeks to inspire, inform and instruct architects and consumers about Western Red Cedar, its uses and benefits.
Western Red Cedar is one of nature’s truly remarkable building materials. Not only does it have distinctive beauty, natural durability and centuries of proven performance, Western Red Cedar is the ultimate green product. It produces fewer greenhouse gases, generates less water and air pollution, requires less energy to produce than alternatives and comes from a renewable and sustainable resource. Equally important, Western Red Cedar is carbon neutral. For more information please visit, www.wrcla.org.