+ Project description by spAce arquitectura
Prodigy MSN was looking for new spaces for its corporate offices, not only with the idea of changing spaces, but also to create a new laboral culture that in first place be aware with the environment and moreover, increase collaboration among employees at different levels.
The main concepts of this project are the followings:
1. Open and bright as the future of Prodigy MSN.
The openness and translucency are evident in the whole Project. The layout gets all the advantage it can to the daylight. Most of the glassed façade is free, but there are a few points in which some meeting rooms and privet offices are next to the façade. Those spaces are closed with glass, that allowed the openness and brightness we were looking for. In addition, the workstations are low and they have translucent boards.
Finally, in the hart of the project was built a long piece of privets offices, conceptualized as a glass box in which it was designed some graphic patterns made of vinyl to made these spaces more privets but clear as well, they translate clearly the personality or Prodigy MSN.
2. Multi-propose spaces.
This project was focused to be versatile. So, if we compare this project with a traditional one, we can find that this one didn’t look for a check list of needed spaces, moreover it creates spaces capable of respond to the client necessities. A clear example of this is the reception, which more than a wait-reception space, it is a node where employees, clients and visitors gets in. Into this node, it is located a coffee bar to make this approach warmer. There isn´t any physic board to separate this space to the work-space, and most of the meeting rooms are located into this node.
The offices have a variety of casual meeting rooms spread in strategic points to allow communication among employees, and some of them have other functions, as the collection and storage bar.
3. LEED Commercial Interiors certification.
The main points in this project for LEED certification are the following.
- The offices are into a building that is looking for LEED Core & Shell certification, and that building is located in an urban area that is provided by basic and accessible services and by public transportation infrastructure.
- The project saves more than 20% in the water use.
- The project gets a save of 20% of energy in lighting systems.
- The project complies with the standards of energy efficiency that LEED recommend.
- There is a dedicated space to collect and storage recyclable materials.
- More than 20% of materials used in the project have recycled content.
- The HVAC system has filters that help to maintain the interior air quality cleaner.
- Paintings, coatings sealers and glues used in the project have a low content of VOC´s, which avoids interior air pollution.
- 100% of the workspaces have access to daylight and views.
+ Project credits / data
Project: Prodigy MSN, Santa Fe México
Architecture & Designer: Juan Carlos Baumgartner LEED AP, Fabiola Troyo del Valle LEED AP
Design Office: spAce arquitectura | http://www.spacemex.com/
Design Team: Marcos Aguilar, Francisco Montoya
LEED Adviser: Cívita
Comissioning LEED: AKF
Location: Santa Fe, Mexico City
Use: Offices | Interior
Area: 800 m2
Completion Period: August 2010
Photographer: Paul Czitrom
+ All images courtesy spAce arquitectura | Photo by Paul Czitrom
Sites That Link to this Post
- Tweets that mention Prodigy MSN Offices spAce arquitectura -- Topsy.com | February 15, 2011