LAVA’s Home of the Future is a showcase for future living, with nature, technology and man in a new harmony.
The Home of the Future will start construction in late 2011 on the rooftop of a new furniture mall in Beijing, China.
An ETFE geodesic skydome provides a year-round microclimate that opens up the home to a garden filled with sun, light and fresh air, away from the pollution and noise of the city.
Visitors will experience fifteen different living spaces, from internal/external bathroom zones to kitchens flowing to veggie patches and bbqs to sunken bedrooms with dream inducing lighting. At night the home and the tropical garden turn into an otherworldly experience, with the underlying technology, the electronic veins of the system, coming to life. The design is inspired by nature’s efficiencies – corals, cells and bubbles – and creates an environment where technologies are invisibly integrated to satisfy everyday needs and senses. Its fluid design and organisational strategy based on cells is easily modified to suit specific requirements.
The Home of the Future integrates the latest improvements in comfort and instantaneous information technology with a space that embraces nature.
The Home of the Future acts as a metaphor for the questions of our times, our relationship with nature, with technology and with ourselves.
Chris Bosse, Director of LAVA
LAVA’s Home of the Future is a showcase for future living – it balances man’s needs with nature and technology in perfect harmony.
An exhibition of LAVA‘s Home of the Future, including process material, working models, renderings and animations is on display in Sydney Australia, 17th- 31st March 2011 at UTS Architecture, Kensington St Warehouse, 50 Kensington St, Chippendale, Sydney Australia.
+ Project credits / data
Project: Home of the Future
Design: LAVA – Laboratory for Visionary Architecture Asia Pacific | http://www.l-a-v-a.net
Team: LAVA Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck Collaborators
Engineering support: Arup
ETFE: Vector Foiltec
Images: Doug and Wolf | http://www.dougandwolf.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- LAVA — Greg Oates | March 19, 2011
- Insane "Home of the Future" Being Built on Roof of Chinese Mall | t3knoDorKs | March 19, 2011
- Insane “Home of the Future” Being Built on Roof of Chinese Mall - Cars Modification News and Motorcycle - GADGET OtomotiF | March 20, 2011
- kross media » Insane "Home of the Future" Being Built on Roof of Chinese Mall | March 20, 2011
- Can Architects Learn to Get Down on Friday, Friday? | The LOdown | March 22, 2011
- Is this the “home of the future”? Or it is just scary? « « Movoto Real Estate WatchMovoto Real Estate Watch | March 23, 2011
- Futuristic Dome Home » Octane Brain | March 26, 2011