Brisbane Airport Corporation working in association with City Lab is pleased to announce BNE: Making Connections:
An architecture and urban design competition for Brisbane Airport that is open to all registered Australian architects.
If you are interested in entering, please join Andrew and BAC General Property Manager Renaye Peters for the competition briefing, followed by Q&A.
BNE: Making Connections aims to:
- Propose an appropriate urban development plan across the allowable development area.
- Consolidate and improve movement within the Brisbane Airport, including opportunities for increased public and active transport modes.
- Improve the public realm and amenity for all airport users.
- Strengthen the airport’s strategic position as the premier airport and business centre in the region.
- Reinforce qualities of ‘gateway’ to Queensland through public realm, built form and urban development outcomes
- Respond to Brisbane’s subtropical climate, character and identity.
+ Events by City Lab
When:12.30 Wednesday, 11 May
Where: Tattersall’s Club, 215 Queen Street Mall, Brisbane
(note this is a ticketed event)
When: 6.00pm Wednesday, 11 May
Where: Australian Institute of Architects, Tusculum, 3 Manning St, Potts Point
When: 6.00pm Thursday 12 May
Where: Australian Institute of Architects, Level 3, 41 Exhibition Street, Melbourne 3000
+ About City Lab
Launching this month City Lab is a collaborative agency founded by Andrew Mackenzie, working across public and private sectors to deliver innovative architectural competitions.
+ The City Lab website will be launched soon in this month, please visit http://www.citylab.com.au/ for more information.