This concept was designed for a design competition organized by the province of West Flanders.The assignment was to fill up a large empty space (+ – 900m2), which is in the middle of several offices, with furniture where the users could gather. These offices are let to young starting companies.
Given these existing offices are quite static, we looked elsewhere. “Suivez-le-guide” breaks with the conventions in the field of office furniture. It is a response to the demand for other ways of working and communicating.
“Suivez le guide” is a series of 7 volumes of plywood, with an acoustic felt on the inside wall,which does also functions as a bulletin board. Each box allows the user to practice another activity.
- Advalvas: a box where users have their mail boxes, but also can make announcements
- rest: a box where people can rest in a completely enclosed space
- (flex) work: here you can perform your deskwork, alone or with two
- meeting: a big box for 6-8 people for informal meetings
- relaxation: bingo golf, darts and a bar.
Each box got its steel frame on wheels and is mounted on a rail. Users can move the boxes to create other / more functions. Like this they can create larger meeting places, intimate workplaces, joint relax areas, …
+ Project facts
Suivez le guide
Spanjestraat 141, 8800 Roeselare, Belgium