The Hakkasan New York design reflects the brand’s global philosophy with subtle edits to the interior de-cor – which includes a new motif and deep blue color scheme with red and pink undertones, tailored to New York sensibilities. The restaurant is 11,000 square feet with seating for 200 guests with semi-private dining areas available for groups between 15-30 people. A 60-foot bar and 80-foot entranceway lobby are integral features of the restaurant.
There is a lot of mystery to Hakkasan, experienced on a journey through a sequence of charismatic, yet somehow distinctly varied spaces that are charged with powerful emotion.
Gilles & Boissier
SPECIAL DESIGN FEATURES
- The Marble was sourced from a single block in a quarry in Carrara, Italy, and fabricated/installed by Artisan Stoneworks (Deer Park, NY).
- The restaurant’s stone Ling Ling screens and other stone features are produced from 4,885 feet of Calacatta finished marble slabs, carved by a water jet machine.
- The millwork was made using machining and hours of shaping, sanding and finishing.
- The restaurant’s signature cage is sourced from white oak harvested in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
- Blue and red?hued frosted glass, semi-transparent glass, and mirrors are installed throughout the space.
- 100% natural beeswax, organic aromatherapy Luxe Ylang Ylang candles provide scents, along with Maroma (jasmine) incense sticks with natural essential oils from India.
According to Gilles & Boissier,
Entry is via a long corridor: minimalist, opaque and plainly cast in marble. At its end there is life, the wooden cage animated from day till night by a multitude of ambience and action – a modern hutong house containing a variety of spaces, linked together by a long bar as the major element that is anchored by a metallic wall as its backdropThe deep blue glass enveloping the kitchen acts as a lantern, emanating a halo of energy and humanity from beyond: glimpsed through the transparency of the wooden and marble panels of the cage, the imagery plays like dentelle lace on a sensual body, a feminine sensation mixing with the strong and massive architecture. A single glance can capture a wealth of different emotions and ambiences, like a snapshot of pure life that builds up frame by frame into a movie, taking you on a trip to a fantastic China.
+ ABOUT GILLES & BOISSIER
Patrick Gilles and Dorothee Boissier bring together a wealth of experience garnered from two of the world’s leading design minds, infused with a creativity all of their own. With an ever- growing portfolio of high-profile international work, their studio is set to become a leading player in the next generation of architectural, interior and furniture design.
+ ABOUT HAKKASAN
Hakkasan was founded in London in 2001, and has now established itself as one of the most successful modern Chinese restaurant concepts to become a worldwide fine-dining brand. Locations include London Hanway Place, London Mayfair, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Dubai, San Francisco and New York. The Hakkasan group is owned by Abu Dhabi’s property investment company Tasameem which also owns Michelin-starred dim sum restaurant Yauatcha in London. Hakkasan opened to critical acclaim, achieving a Michelin star in 2003, and was the only Chinese restaurant in Europe to receive such an accolade that year. Hakkasan London Mayfair and Hakkasan New York were each also awarded a Michelin star for 2012. For further details, please visit www.hakkasan.com.